Friday, December 26, 2008

Update on my moms

After all the ups and downs of all that has gone on, I have so much to be thankful for. My mom is home, and Dad is being a fantastic caregiver. We went to see her yesterday, and she looks wonderful. There will be another surgery/procedure, in a few months. There are still a couple of blockages, in her heart. Just have to wait for her to recoup from this one. I am just so thankful that Dad got her to the E.R. when he did.

My mother-in-law is doing fantastic. She just makes me smile. I don't have the ambition and drive that she has, and she is approaching 100. They are seriously talking of sending her home next week. I don't know how it will go, but we'll see. As determined as she is, she will do it. I have to say a huge thanks to Mercy Hospital and their staff, for the wonderful care she received, and that they didn't just blow her off, as a 97 year old. They did a fantastic job.

Our other Christmas present, which I can't go into, in great detail, involves our youngest granddaughter. For the next three months, she gets to be with the people she loves the most and who care most about her. I am in amazement at how poorly some people can treat their biological children, and not bat an eye. So, to see the joy and relief in her face, her mom's face, and all of ours, has been truly priceless. All children should feel safe and loved, every moment of every day, forever and ever.

So we have had an amazing Christmas, so far, and still have more to come. I am so excited. Hope that everyone else has had the best Christmas possible. Our Holiday wishes to all. Our wishes for everyone, is a safe, healthy and joyous 2009.

7 comments:

The Mom said...

Merry Christmas!! Miss ya!!

Gina said...

Glad to hear things are going so well! Merry Christmas.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Great to hear about the updates, Mary!!! I'm happy that things are looking up for your and your family. Many blessings for the weeks ahead - I'm sure we'll chat before the New Year!

Cheri said...

I'm so glad "The Moms" are doing so well and will continue to keep them in my thoughts:)

janalee said...

:) A great ending to your year- hopefully your whole family continues to improve [even that little granddaughter of yours] with time.
(((HUGS)))

Mary said...

So glad you are having Christmas blessings. I lost a favorite Uncle the week before Christmas and I just can't bring myself to blog it.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the new header Mary...such a beautiful winter capture!