One of my favorite things I just found at the Junk Jubilee in Des Moines, last weekend. I had seen a picture of a pick-up tail gate. Someone had taken one and made it into a message board, and I thought it was so cool. http://www.myhomemystyle.com/enotes/2012/03/16/salvaged-magnetic-memory-board/?utm_source=MyHomeMyStyleEnotes&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5695 So, I've really been wanting to find one. Low and behold, I spotted one at the J.J. It was red and it was a chevy, and it was mine. Mine is going to be a head board, as soon as we open it up, get all the rust out, and I think hook up some lights.
Also found some cool letters and numbers, which of course will go on the wall above the head board. I found the lock today, and thought it could be a Y. The 8/11 is an auction paddle, I think. Just happens that Don and I were married August 11, 1967.
I also found this beauty! The color is what caught my eye. It is actually fencing, made into a circle, and the cute little bottles attached to it. I had so many people stop me and comment on it. Another vendor even wanted to buy it. I brought it home and wired it, and no have it hanging. I will have to reveal it's spot some other time.
I have been wanting a bottle tree for a long time. Not that I have many bottles, I don't, but I just think they are pretty cool. Someone posted on Freecycle that they had 2 dozen cobalt blue beer bottles. I notified them and within 15 minutes I had them. I started checking online "bottle trees". I found lots, but what caught my eye was a place that sells spikes to pound into your own stump or 4x4. I had the perfect stump, and some gutter nails, and now I have a bottle tree. It is right out side my scrapbook area, and when the sun hits it, it is gorgeous.
Not much new with the family and us. Summer is close, and hope to get a vacation in with some of the grandkids.

_0049.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment