Geesh, here we are, 5+ years out from our heart ache of losing a huge piece of my heart. Teddy was staying with his grandpa and I, after his high school graduation. Couldn't stand the dogs at his mom's house, so chose to stay here. And we loved it. All we asked for was to bring dishes to the kitchen and take his dirty clothes to the basement, which he was pretty good about. When school started, he started staying with his aunt Ginny, so he could see to it that Karlos got to school. We noticed he was spending time with a lot of so called friends. We pointed out that they were using him for his car. Which I hated, but it was true. There were a million reasons, in his mind, to take his life, Oct. 18, 2017. Nothing will ever break my heart more, than losing my dear grandson. He was such a huge part of my life, and the person I always felt would take care of me if something happens to Don, but that isn't meant to be.
Teddy became an organ donor, and saved the life of 5 people. He also helped 133 others through tissue, bone and skin donation. Fortunately, we have met all 5 organ recipients, and love them all so much. And currently, all 5 are healthy and doing great.
I will tell more of Teddy's story at a later date.

_0049.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment