Friday, September 5, 2008

School picture time

Teddy and Grace have school pictures today, so they were both very excited and wanting to look extra special. They picked out their clothes, and I must say that they both looked so darned cute. Teddy even did an extra tooth brushing, LOL. Oh, and the hair, that had to look perfect. I just don't recall 10 year old boys really caring what they look like, but he sure does.


And Grace, she came down with a big old sweatshirt covering her gorgeous outfit. Well, she is 9, and she is pretty self conscious of what changes are going on with her body. OMG, I so remember 50 years ago, and all the trauma of that stage in your life. It really sucks being a girl some times. I did convince her to ditch the sweatshirt long enough to take some pictures. She doesn't like her smile right now either, cause she is missing a couple teeth. We don't notice, but she sure does. God, vanity and self doubt starts so young. Poor kid. She just doesn't see how beautiful she truly is.
Last minute instructions, give them your best smile. Oh, and Teddy says, "it isn't fair, we have our pictures after P.E., so we will probably be sweaty and all messed up." OK, knock it off Teddy, you aren't old enough to worry about stuff like this. Go to P.E. and run and sweat, and get messed up, and have a ton of fun. It is only a picture, and Grandma has a ton already.

Both of you, enjoy being children, you are too young to worry.

4 comments:

Judy said...

They look so grown up. Grace has such a quiet beauty to her. It's tough being a girl at certain ages. I hope she has good friends at school to laugh and play with. Thanks for sharing.

Cheri said...

And besides, what kind of idiot school official scheduled PE right before their pics, anyway?;)

A handsome crew, to be sure...I like Teddy's shirt!

janalee said...

They both look so big... :) and so good-looking!

Joellyn said...

The kids look beautiful. I hope Grace realizes how gorgeous she really is as she gets older. And, Teddy, cracks me up. I love his hair!