Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life

Didn't realize it had been so long since I last blogged. So what have we been up to? After Katisha's graduation party, I crashed for a couple weekends. Well, we did do lots of shopping to get new things for Joan and her kids to move into a new home. OK, I did do massive loads of laundry, while Joan purged her mobile home, after almost 12 years. Told her to bring all the laundry here, I would do it and keep it, until they moved. What wasn't going into the new home, gonna have a big garage sale. In their old home, they had 700+ square feet, for the 4 of them. June 26, the four of them moved into their new home. It is a manufactured home, 28'x60'. So they have more than twice the space. It had been totally repainted on the inside, and all new flooring. She and the kids are so thrilled, and so proud. They have two full bath, and everything is like brand new. We are so happy, also. So that took all that weekend, and some extra time, with all the little things that need to be done. Oh, and they have a pond in the back yard, so the kids love to go fishing. Very first morning, Teddy caught a 6-8" fish. He and Grace could spend every waking moment outside. It is such a wonderful thing for them.



While we were looking for furniture for Joan, I found the perfect chair and couch for me, lol. I have wanted denim furniture, since my friend Kristina, got hers several years ago. We were looking at a high end consignment shop, and there it was, the chair of my dreams. It just happened to also have a couch. I was in Heaven. Yes, we did find a beautiful leather sectional for Joan. So, once we got them all moved, and I got to looking at my new furniture, it just didn't go in the front room, so of course that meant painting. That also is where my scrapbook area is, so it did take a couple of weekends to get the job accomplished. We also replaced the trim around the ceiling. I still have to get my scrabook area decluttered. Sometime I am having a BIG garage sale, geesh, I have so much stuff to get rid of.



Last Saturday, Don and I took Tyree, our oldest grandson, on a road trip. Tyree will graduate next Spring, from High School, so decided to start taking some sr. pictures. We drove along the Old Lincoln Highway. As with all the old highways, the little towns have taken a hit. Lots of very interesting old buildings, just perfect for guy shots. It was a very relaxing drive, almost no traffic.


One of the really cool things was in Tama at the Lincoln Highway Bridge. I was taking some pictures and lo and behold, here comes this super old car. Had to take a couple pictures of it. They were a couple from CA. and then asked if I would take a couple of pictures of them sitting on the bridge, so I did.


Then we moved on to Belle Plaine. This was my destination. A friend had posted some really interesting photos on his Facebook, and I thought that it would be a perfect setting for some neat pictures of Tyree. We sure weren't disappointed. The old Preston's service station is quite an interesting place. The owner happened to be there, and so we got to go in the station, and in the garage on the same property. Anyone interested in old vitage "STUFF", should make the trek.

I do have more places I plan on going for pictures of Tyree. Look forward to spending more time with him exploring.

Started doing this the other day, guess I will post for now. My walls aren't bare in the front room any more, lol. Will post more pictures later. I am leaving Friday morning for a girlfriend weekend, with Rox. She happens to be one of my very favorite women in the world. OMG, the laughing will start the moment we see each other, and it won't stop until we get in our cars to head home. Later.........

5 comments:

janalee said...

Tyree has sure grown up some! :) Good to "hear" from you again- enjoy your weekend!
Love,
Janalee

Anonymous said...

I love the new furniture! I can't wait to see it in person. Have a great time with Rox. You deserve it. Oh, and love the pics of the bike -- good enough to frame!

Love ya Aunt Mary....
Heather

Tiffany Ervin said...

Great furniture and decor in that photo Mary! Love it, I know you are just a busy lady and I love all the 'magic' you are doing for your family! Glad things are coming together for you and that you have some down time for yourself as well! Hugs! ;)

Gretchen said...

Great blog! Just wanted to stop by and say hello!(I found you from the Hero Arts flickr site on the blog addy roll thread).

Diana said...

Nice blog. Met you on Hero Arts.