Sunday, May 23, 2010

try like crazy to catch up

Eight months since my last post, sorry. It was one of the worst winters I ever remember. The snow just kept coming and coming and coming. And to make it even worse, we had very little sunshine. When it is dreary out, so am I. Just don't function well at all. Just had no energy for anything. It does turn out that besides major depression, I am also suffering from some anemia. We are working at tracking down the cause of that.

October 2009, I turned 61 and now the countdown to Social Security, lol. Just have to look at the positives. It was a pretty rough month, having to grieve the loss of our dear mother, and adjusting to having Katisha a couple hundred miles away. Not much else went on.

November 2009, just keep missing Katisha. We had Thanksgiving with my family a week before Thanksgiving, and then had my folks here on Thanksgiving day, along with the girls and their families. Had a great time. Also, in November, I lost one of my very favorite cousins. I hate that families drift apart, and we don't spend as much time together. As kids, spent every weekend with cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Just isn't like that any more, and now we seem to get together at funeral homes. Just makes me sad.

December 2009, Winter hit Iowa so hard, and depression hit me like a ton of bricks. We had one of the best Christmases ever, or maybe the best. Part of our Minnesota family made it down, but didn't get as much time together because of the crappy weather. Katisha was home a lot at the end of the month, which was great.

Jan. 2010............Weather continues being horrid. Kids in and out of school constantly. The worst Winter my mom even remembers, and she is 82. Katisha moved back home, mixed feelings, but do love having her close. Jan. 15 we got a huge surprise, daughter Misty married Mike Wild. They went to Florida on vacation, and got married while they were there. So now I have a son-in-law, and two more grandchildren.

Feb. 2010...........More horrid Winter, and depression. Feel so out of touch with everyone. Did go to Dr. and got some help.

March 2010.....Started off with my mom having another heart attack and having an angioplasty. I just hate thinking that some day I may not have my parents. Feel like such a wimp, but I can't help it.

April 2010.....Appears as though Winter is going to leave, thank God. Spring is finally showing itself. Not much else going on. Don and I still spending lots of time together.

May 2010.....Not really much new going on. Been busy scrapbooking, and spending time with my friends. It is graduation season, so we have been to some open houses, and have a couple left. Our second grandchild Tyree, will be graduating, so on to the real world for him.

I was going to post some pictures but have to get them from my other computer. Gonna post, since it has been so long. Later..............

4 comments:

Rosalie said...

welcome back to the blog world. I have missed you.

Joellyn said...

I know what you mean about this winter----kind of left me feeling penned in since it seemed like there was a blizzard every other day. So sorry to hear about your losses-----I'm glad that you are feeling better and look forward to seeing some pictures!

Joellyn said...

Mary, I'm so sorry about your losses----it sounds like the world is looking a bit brighter these days, and I'm very glad about that. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your beautiful family in the posts to come.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Mary, you are such a strong lady! Always check in on you from time to time and I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well! I so appreciate hearing from you! BIG hugs to you my friend and here's hoping for a re-newed and joyous summer time....bad weather and family growing apart can really do damage to your inner soul, can't it?! Hope things look up for you very soon!