Sunday, October 31, 2010

Keeping busy

Since I got the three rooms done that really needed it, I will post the bedroom soon, I promise, I have gotten into lots of other things to occupy my time. In the purging process, and going thru some things at my mom's, I have run across lots of treasures, and want to display them. I have also gotten into Wendy Vecchi and Tim Holtz not just for scrapbooking and card making, but also a little decorating. What I have discovered, in my purging, I have a ton of vintage items, and some antiques, but wanted more, lol. Goodwill, Salvation Army, Junk stores and garage sales are great for finding some very cool things. I am working really hard to not buy anything, unless I have a plan for. I will be posting some of these things and what I have done with them. One of my very favorite finds was at a garage sale, daughter Joan actually found it, and held it up to see if I wanted it. $2 for a violin, in it's case, along with two bows. YES!!!!!!




Some of these things are items I have already had, the glasses and case came from Don's family, as did some of the jewelry and trims. The rest are purchases from various places.


The Lyre that is holding the violin was a Goodwill find. It is so heavy, and cost a total of $2. The ceramic piece, another cheap find. And old books and sheet music, cheap, and can always use them for lots of different things.

What isn't to love about these cool Funeral Home fans. Got them at one of my favorite places, JB Knacker.

Also got these buttery yellow kid gloves at Brenda's store. Perfect to finish off this table top.



This little vignette is in one of our spare bedrooms, generally referred to as the "Pepto Room" Because of the bright Pepto color it is painted. I was going to paint it a buttery yellow, like the gloves, but decided to keep it pink, and soften it a bit with some new, or repurposed pieces. Will post more later. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

lori cunningham said...

You have really gotten a lot done!!! I too am really into the "junk" right now and trying to take "junk" and turn it into something creative. When you ar done with your house, you can always come to mine and declutter, organize, and redecorate!!!!!

janalee said...

Oh wow- what a wonderful display! I love to see pictures of your decorating Mary.

Joellyn said...

Wow, Mary, I love all of your finds! I recently went through the salvage store in DSM---it was amazing even if prices were a little higher than they would be other places. Your decorating is really inspirational.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! Mary - you really have been busy and getting a lot done by these fabulous photos!! I wanted to pop by and wish you and yours a lovely Thanksgiving! So blessed to have you as a friend!