Figure I should at least post an update on how we are doing. Joan is healing well. She said yesterday that she felt great, still tired, but more like her old self. I can't explain what this ordeal has done for our family. There are so many things that just don't matter anymore. As long as we are all alive and healthy, nothing else matters.
We have all looked at each other and realized just how important we all are. We have all learned that our family is as strong as any power out there. Others may try and stomp us down, but united, nothing can come between us.
This past year and a half, have really put a huge strain on all of us. Katisha moving to MN., losing Don's mother, Katisha moving back, losing my dad, Tyree graduating, my mom disowning me, and then almost losing our daughter seems like a horrible nightmare, mixed with a couple of good dreams.
The thing is, we are so very thankful for so many things. Katisha has grown into one of the most beautiful 20 year old women I have ever seen. She has seemed to have gotten over that hump, and is figuring her life out, and owning it. My mother-in-law lived 98years, with a very clear mind and the most beautiful skin in the world. Yes, I miss my dad, my hero since I was 9 years old, but I thank God for every moment I had him, and also thank God that we had the last 16 years, to really get to know each other, and love each other.
Yes we got Tyree all graduated, lol. He hasn't figured out what he wants to do with his life yet, but how many 18 year olds do know what they want to do the rest of their lives?
As for mom disowning me, well, what can I say? There is nothing to say...........
Almost losing Joan, that has changed us all forever. I know that what I want in life is to surround myself with the truth. I refuse to allow people to treat me with anything but respect, which is the only way I try and treat everyone. I refuse to lie and put other people ahead of myself, my wonderful husband, my gorgeous daughters and my amazing grandchildren. I only have to answer to my God, and myself.
I will never be able to say THANK YOU enough for all the support, love and prayers we have been shown the past 18 months. They have let us know that we are loved by many, and no one can ask for more.
Friday Freebie Image: Sept 25
1 day ago

_0049.jpg)
4 comments:
I had no idea that so much was happening in your life. I am glad you are surviving, and thriving.
{{{hugs to you}}}
Love Janalee
I am so glad the you are "doing Great" You have had a really rough time and I am so happy to hear that you can see the light out of the darkness. Praise God.
You are so right that family and close friends are all that matter and our health is a gift. I am so glad she is feeling better. I can sense the relief in your post. Now you can breathe.
You are definitely loved and thought of Mary!! Forever you will be in my mind! Sending you warm wishes across the miles, my friend! Love you!
Post a Comment