Seems as though this summer just whizzed by so quickly. I have been in a funk for several months. Just have not felt very good at all. Have been so tired. I get out of bed, and usually just lay on the couch and doze until 10. I try and push myself to keep up with the house work, but that seems to be as far as I get. I have been to the Dr. several times, getting all sorts of tests done. Did get changes in allergy meds, since I was having some breathing issues. We are now trying to figure out why my hemoglobin is so low, and my liver and spleen are both enlarged. Had and endoscopy yesterday, just waiting for some biopsies. Dr. says everything looked fine, but they did have to dilate my esophagus. Hopefully things will improve soon, sick and tired of being sick and tired.
One thing that I have done a lot of this summer is spend my Saturdays with my daughter Joan. We have done a lot of garage sales, antique stores and just general junking. We have had a blast, and have done some more changes to the house.
In 2005 my granddaughter Katisha was staying with us so we painted the one bedroom pink. It has since been referred to as the Pepto room. It was time for a change. Don and I found the wonderful little desk at an antique store down in Valley Junction in Des Moines. A week later, found the little stool to go with it, at a different store in V.J. Don did extend the shelves to the ceiling, on the right. We tore out the carpet, and am going to leave the hardwood floors.
We painted the walls a darker green, Valspar Green Peppercorn. It turned out so gorgeous. It is perfect. This jewelry hanger, I made from an old window that we replaced a few years ago. I took all the glass out, put screen in the bottom panes, to attach pierced earrings on. I attached a small curtain rod, across the top panes for bracelets, and the bottom has 4 decorative knobs, from Hobby Lobby attached, for necklaces. It has a crackle finish to it. I first painted it red, then crackle medium, then white.
I made these two canvases for the Pepto room. Just decoupaged and added some of this and that.
Don also built shelves on the left side of the window. They just so happen to fit some of my suitcase collection. I numbered the suitcases, and I made tags so that I know what is in each one. Yup, do use them for storage and I love them. The photo on the right is the shelves Don extended. I also have a few more luggage pieces, and lots of my scrapbooks stored here. I am going to get some pipe and fix the ladder like a library ladder that slides from side to side. Will also be able to attach it to the shelves on the left side.
I was lucky enough to be looking at my emails one day when an ad for two old trunks were listed for FREE. I busted my backside and was lucky enough to get them both. The people had been moving them all over the country for years and decided they didn't want them anymore. This one made it's way to Russia in the 1920's. I love it. The violin, and case I got for $2.00 at a garage sale. The dress top was from my husband's grandmother's wedding dress. I have acquired the other items from thrift stores, junk stores, garage sales, etc.
I made these quilt wall hangings. No, I don't quilt. These are pieces of quilts that I cut up, and added some other things, buttons, lace, postcards and flowers. Love the look.
Well that is the basics of my former Pepto room. I just love the way it has all turned out. Next you will see the "Red" room. Have made some changes there also. So til next time......

_0049.jpg)
1 comment:
Ah, Mary! So good to see updates from you! I sure hope you get a clean bill of health soon!! No fun being tired and ill! Wish I could make all that tiredness go away NOW for you! Love seeing the pics!
Post a Comment