
I told you about my Dad on his birthday, the 18. I had his gift done for him, which is very unusual. I seem to have a block about birthdays. I know there coming, know when they are, just can't seem to do the card/gift thing on time.
It is also getting very hard to come up with something for Mom and Dad. I don't want to give them things that I will have to bring back to my house, sometime in hopefully the far distant future. They always tell us not to get them anything, which I try and not pay attention to. We have gotten where we have either given them gift cards to eat out, or taken them out, which we really love. But I had a different idea this year. I knew that there was a huge tub of pictures and things in Mom and Dad's basement, that was Grandma's. I went thru it and found a bunch of pictures. Also a cousin of Dad's emailed me a bunch of wonderful photos, last year. So I decided I wanted to do a scrapbook for Dad's birthday. I ended up with 2 6"x6" books
This is Grandma Thomas, in the mirror, with her mother. I think this is one of the coolest photos, I have ever seen.
If you want to see the rest of the book, go look here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grandmaper/sets/72157607526068828/
BTW, Mom and Dad were thrilled. Now they can look at these photos anytime they want to, and not have to sort thru that big tub in the basement.

_0049.jpg)
6 comments:
Mary, what a beautiful gift. I'm sure your Dad will treasure it---so much more valuable than the "things" we often times give. Joellyn
These books look awesome! I agree w/Joellyn- this type of gift is something that will be treasured forever!
mary--
thanks for the link to the sermonette!!
i enjoy seeing that you visit there, and i enjoy my visits here.
do you listen to my radio show, by any chance?
it's all about bicycling, immodestly called "the kim west radio cycling show." you can only hear it online now, until the pro football season is over, but then it will be back on the air radio-style at kxno-am1460, right there with all the ball jockeys!!
http://kxno.com/pages/kimwest.html
What precious memories! Awesome stuff here Mary, TFS:)
That is so true about the pricelessness of having the photos out and available rather than shut away in boxes or tubs. Great job coming up with the perfect gift.
Loved reading about your family. What a wonderful gift and card - I'm sure your dad was thrilled. I, too, had a wonderful step-fater who loved me and my children immensely. He was my "real" father.
Post a Comment