WOW, has it really been that long???????? September 17, 2011, my mom passed away. We hadn't spoken in 10 months. She chose to cut me and my family out of her life, and that is fine. I have spent my entire life trying to get her love, and it just never happened. I always felt like I was on the outside looking in. I had my brother Gerry, but he died in an auto accident in 1974, so have been on my own since then. I feel the biggest problem, I choose an honest life, and they choose to sweep everything under the rug. Since I was disowned, I have actually done okay. I just don't like to live a fake life. Anyway........
Don and I joined the gym Jan. 24, and love it. I am going in 3 times a week to do Aqua Fit. We have a personal trainer, Jessica, that we love, and boy is she teaching us a ton. It is a lot harder in our 60s, than it was in our 30s. Just want to be healthier, and be around to see these grandkids grown and being terrific adults.

Speaking of getting older, our oldest grandbaby turned 21, October 15, 2011. That just doesn't seem possible at all. Grace will be 13 in July, so time is marching on.

We have finally done some major work on our bathroom. The thing is 6'x8', so not a whole lot of room to do much. I didn't really want to tear out my tub or the surround. We replaced the shower doors, painted, put tin ceiling on the ceiling, and on the lower walls. New trim, and floor, and I love it.




Also replaced the vanity with a much smaller one, and we love it. Just makes the bathroom seem so much larger.

I found this Awesome scale at the Antique Mall in Story City. I thought it was perfect to hold my paper towels and the tin holder, which I keep my extra bar soap in.


This is the east wall. The bathroom is so small, I can't get it all in one picture, LOL.
Well, that is an update. I sure hope I don't wait another 7-8 months. Thanks for looking and will try and do better about keeping caught up. Any of you that know me well, and are on my Christmas card list know, I am usually a few steps behind. That is why they got Valentines cards, instead of Christmas............ Just me.
2 comments:
Your bathroom looks great. I love the white tile on the wall and ceiling. It is nice to hear from you. Keep it up.
i really like what you did with the bathroom- the wall color and the new vanity, and i LOVE the scale!
i'm so sorry that your mom passed away. {{hugs}} to you, dear.
love you and miss you,
janalee
Post a Comment