Ron came all five days this week, which was great. Lots and lots of progress. What is sad, the humidity and heat this week has been so brutal. He puts in 6 hours here, since he has an hour of travel time, both ways. How he gets so much done, beats me.

So at the end of day 9, we have most of the back wall. It would have been done, but we have had a problem with Menards. The window was broken when it arrived, we called right away to get a new one. It came in, went to pick it up and deliver the broken one. They delivered a white one. Yeah, that was a fun trip home. Waited 8 days, Don calls, and it was in. I told Don to have them check it out, before we drove down. Sure enough, they sent white, again. The order says brown, but some dumbass can't read BROWN. So frustrating, but thank God he called and didn't run all the way down.Ron got here bright and early on Friday morning. He dug the remaining four holes, and set those poles. Then set the last rafter. Then he framed in the garage doors. The two east doors are 9' wide and 7' tall. The west door is going to be 10'x10'.


The thing about construction is there is a lot of structural work that just doesn't look like much, tons of nailing, again, by hand. So in 10 days of actual work time, I'm still amazed. It was a nice week, with no missed time, am sure hoping for another.

_0049.jpg)
1 comment:
WooHoo Mary it looks like it's really coming along. Darn it, I came home the back way today and I meant to drive by..but seeing your post just now reminded me. Maybe one day during lunch I'll do a run by. I'm still trying to picture where it sits on the property. I think I know..but until I see it I won't be sure. I hope if he comes tomorrow..he takes it super easy since it's supposed to be so dog gone hot. Thanks for the updated post. I keep checking daily.
Post a Comment