Thursday, June 26, 2008

Steps and mini deck

OK Judy, I just went out and took pictures for you, LOL! When you come to my house and get out of your car, this is what you see. Don built these by himself, with a bit of moral support from his Friend Don, and a bit of physical help from his friend Ted. They are AWESOME.




As you come out the door, there is a small deck, 6'x9'. Figured this would give a little extra area to get in and out of the door, comfortably. It is also large enough for the two of us, and probably a couple of others to sit and visit.




Don also built a little bench out of scraps. It is perfect for a couple of people to sit a spell, or to set things on while trying to get into the door. I love it.

5 comments:

Rosalie said...

It looks great! Kudos to Don.

Judy said...

WOW! It looks awesome. What a transformation to that entrance. Thanks for taking the pix and sharing.

Unknown said...

The house is really cute. You and Don look like you are having fun fixing it up. Don did a great job on the steps, i know they can be tricky to do.
Love ya,
Cindy

Joellyn said...

I'm just catching up on your blog, Mary. I saw the picture you had on e-mail list of your beautiful granddaughter. These are equally gorgeous.

I can't remember if I saw a picture of your old entrace, but your new one looks so inviting. Love the bench, too.

I had not seen your new windows---we are going to have to make that investment one of these days, too!Yours look fantastic.

janalee said...

Beautiful! Great job, Don :)